In recent years, the value of homes has increased exponentially. So how can a homeowner still increase the value of their home with minimal cost and changes ?!
As a smart homeowner, you probably see your home as not only a place to do life but also as one of the best ways to build wealth through home equity. Is it possible to increase home value beyond the standard equity appreciation? If you want more confidence that your home will be worth top dollar someday, just follow these simple tips on how to increase home value.
There are a few simple and inexpensive ways to make your home look more attractive:
- Keep your home clean. As simple as that, your house will look more attractive.
- Updated kitchen appliances, buyers prefer a “turn-key” home.
- Give your old bathroom a makeover, even if it’s not remodelled you can still make it look a lot more appealing.
- Replace old or existing carpets to new laminate flooring.
- Add new baseboards and crown moulding.
- Repaint the inside and outside of your house.
- Replace old lighting fixture to newer LED lights.
- Curb Appeal – Add flowers or greenery to the front of your dwelling. Your curb appeal is the first thing a prospective buyer sees when they pull up to view your home.